Download our most recent Newsletter to stay in touch with current CAF news and events
The CAF Supports Participants at ISSW 2014
For more information and to download the application, click:
Canadian Avalanche Foundation Announces Grant Recipients for 2013/14 season
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Avalanche Foundation is pleased to announce its decision to approve funding of $140,000 in fiscal year 2013/14, in support of public avalanche safety initiatives.
This year's major granting decisions include:
- $120,000 to the Canadian Avalanche Centre in 2 key areas: operations & youth education
- $90,000 for ongoing operational support of the Public Avalanche Warning System
- $15,000 for operational winter testing of a linked meteorological/snowpack forecast model over portions of the North Rockies.
- $15,000 for continuation of Youth Education programs (grant made possible through the generous support of the Hugh & Helen Hincks Memorial Fund – a CAF legacy Fund
- $10,000 to the Applied Snow & Avalanche Research Chair at the University of Calgary
- $10,000 to the Centre d'avalanche de La Haute-Gaspésie for ongoing operational support
The Foundation approved two additional grants from Memorial Funds:
- $600 from the Craig Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund to support the professional development of a CAA Industrial Training Program level II candidate. This year’s grant is awarded to Eric Layton.
- $1,000 from the Cora Shea Memorial Fund to support the career advancement of women engaged in snow & avalanche science. This year’s inaugural grant is awarded to Sara Orgué.
The Board of Directors of the Foundation expresses its sincere appreciation to the many donors, volunteers & event sponsors who continue to make all of this possible. Your dedication to the cause of public avalanche safety is both remarkable & essential. THANK YOU, everyone!
Canuck Splitfest raises over $5,000 for CAC and CAF
This year’s event raised $5,658.08, including donations specifically targeting the Cora Shea Memorial Fund ($500) and the Craig Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund ($421).
Organizer Wade Galloway sums up the event here:
Thank YOU Wade!
New Fund Development Officer for the CAC
The CAF is pleased to announce the hiring of Dale Bayley, Chief Development Officer for the CAC. Read the full announcement here.
The CAF now has a Blog!
We invite your comments on the following question:
“What priorities should the CAF focus on when allocating funds to avalanche safety in future?”
Visit the blog at: http://canadianavalanchefoundation.blogspot.ca/