Vision & Mission
Canada's National Public Safety Organization
To eliminate avalanche fatalities and injuries in Canada.
To minimize public risk in avalanche terrain by providing leadership, development, communication, coordination and delivery of public avalanche safety education, warnings, products, and services.
- We are committed to awareness, training, and safety for the general public and for all who travel in avalanche terrain.
- We are an inclusive and diverse organization that provides services to all winter recreation activity participants.
- We strive to ensure that all programs, services, and materials are based on accurate research and evidence.
- We engage in strategic relationships and alliances to further the reach of our programs and messages.
- We investigate to understand all factors that contribute to human incidents in avalanche terrain and support that investigation by encouraging research.
- We inspire people to safely enjoy recreation and travel in the winter backcountry environment.
- We value our staff and community’s collective strength, energy and leadership.
- We create a fun, healthy, professional, and sustainable workplace, and provide our staff with opportunities to grow and thrive.
- We anticipate and respond to challenges and changes with creativity, collaboration, courage and bold enthusiasm.