- Industry Services
The CAA's Industry Information Exchange (InfoEx®) is a daily exchange of technical snow, weather, avalanche and terrain information between subscribers.
Since 1991, InfoEx has provided an essential service to operations and agencies dealing with avalanche risk management—over 20 years of continuous development helping you deliver the best product possible.
• With nearly 15,000 data points of daily snow, weather and avalanche observations, InfoEx subscribers have access to a world-leading data service.
• New online features provide a more effective exchange of essential data, making it easier to access the information you need for your operational safety.
• An InfoEx subscription demonstrates your commitment to guests, clients, stakeholders and regulators to operate at the highest standard of safety.
• Graduated subscription rates to meet your needs.
• The Tech FX Weather Product delivers vital weather data customized for your winter operation.
Subscribers are organizations and commercial businesses employing CAA Professional Members and who actively manage avalanche hazards during the winter months (e.g. heliskiing companies, BC Highways, ski areas, mountain parks). InfoEx is a uniquely Canadian service giving avalanche professionals access to data that is accurate, relevant and real time. This knowledge improves each subscriber’s awareness of the conditions across western Canada, greatly enhancing their ability to manage their local avalanche risks.
InfoEx also serves as one of the key sources of data used by the Canadian Avalanche Centre’s public avalanche forecasters to produce and verify their products. The value of the InfoEx contribution to public avalanche safety is estimated at an excess of $2 million annually. The signiﬁcance of this contribution by avalanche professionals and their employers can not be overstated.